Monday, August 24, 2009

Dan Eldon






“To explore the unknown and the familiar, distant and near, and to record in details with the eyes of a child, any horror, beauty, irony, traces of utopia or hell.” – Dan Eldon

This morning I woke up at 5:30 full of energy and let myself be led in different directions, stumbling upon a memoir entitled “The Journey is the Destination: the journals of Dan Eldon”- Dan Eldon is a young artist and photographer who’s short 22 years of life were filled moment by moment with documenting the world around him- visiting over 46 countries and impacting countless lives. I found the next four hours consumed in the world of creative activism and filled with the profound desire to stimulate positive change in the world through my art... the world is so beautiful and so brutal- both are to be remembered and exemplified in order to truly view life in its entirety. At an exhibition of Eldon, one woman said what we need to remember about Dan is what one young man can do when he has the courage to follow his intuition... These words went through and through me. His raw and pure passion has been extremely inspirational to me and I've attached a few of his photo's and I encourage all of you to check out the pages of his journals at http://www.daneldon.org/. Enjoy.
Love, Heidi Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment