Sunday, August 23, 2009

Travel Photography

I've recently made a habit of taking snap shots of any interesting place I come across in my travels, using either a cheap digital camera, or the camera on my cell phone. I'm very interested in the way nature reclaims man-made spaces and I find scenes of this occurrence to be particularly beautiful. I think the simple act of photographing what you see, specifically what you find interesting, not necessarily the obvious shot, says a lot about yourself, and can help inspire your artistic practice. I hesitate to call this "photography," as I make no claim to have any skill or proficiency in that field, but rather an extension of my eye, a way of remembering things. So here are some pictures from the last few weeks...

- Truett Dietz

















No comments:

Post a Comment