Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Modern Persian Artist
















Recently over the summer I started looking into Persian art and discovered one of the well known Artist, Mahmoud Farshchian. In Iran his name and art are as well known as Georgia O'Keffe in america. He is the only Persian Artist that I have seen imported, tangiably present portfolios, in the U.S. Although, only in an Iranian custom store. I have been exposed to a lot of persian design and mass-produced work, considering half of my house is decorated by them: I grew up looking at the hand made patterns on traditional persian rugs. When I saw Farshchian's work I noticed that he took those traditional patterns and gestures and turned them in to modern oil paintings. Transitioning the idea of patterns from craft in to a Fine Art. Here are some examples...

No comments:

Post a Comment