Monday, September 21, 2009

Some friends of mine recently discovered THE BEST IMAGE ARCHIVE EVER (maybe). The Library of Congress has been uploading historical photos from their collection to flickr, and most of them have no copyright restrictions. Good for your morgue if you're interested.




The "1930s-40s in Color" has some of my favorites.


Learning to Love You More is (was) a project where artists Miranda July and Harrell Fletcher post various assignments online for anyone to complete. Up until recently you could upload your completed work to the site for everyone to see. I never uploaded anything, but I've always found the assignments to be really valuable for dragging myself out of a creative slump. It's a good resource of little (sometimes big) things you can do to get yourself thinking and working. It's been around for a while, so I apologize if I'm telling you something you already know.


Finally, this is just for fun.




~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment