Friday, December 4, 2009

paper arts

Iman Person

Lately in my research I have been coming across some great artist who work with paper. I think that most people designate paper arts to just craft work, but i've found two artist who have definatly taken paper to the realm of fine art. The first artist that I stunmbled across was Jade Pegler. I think she's one of my new favorite artist. She uses a lot of paper mache to create amazingly unique and organic sculpture. I love the muted colors that she uses. Here pieces make me think of a stop motion alien dream world...if that gives you any type of visual. She also does amazing drawings of her creations. Here is some of her work and a link to her blog:





Spectrescope


The second artist is Pablo Lehmann. I apreciate the amount of time it looks like is put into every piece. The way the cut outs are milipulated in some cases feels like tapetry and the the addition of text seems like he's weaving thoughts or history. I love how light and delicate the work is:



Website

No comments:

Post a Comment